Message about COVID-19 pandemic
Dear partners, beneficiaries and volunteers,
Due to recent developments about the new Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in Canada and around the world, our international development activities are temporarily suspended until further notice.
Our priority for the next 6 months will be to contribute to the emergency response and the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic by supporting vulnerable families (primarily children and women) and raising public awareness about compliance with government measures to limit the spread of the pandemic, including:
- The practice of social distancing all times and in all places outside the residence;
- Taking daily steps to reduce the spread, including regular hand washing with soap and water, use of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wearing a face mask, approved or not, and gloves if available for all outside trips, sneezing and coughing in the elbow, etc.
- Education on monitoring for symptoms and individual self-assessment at home;
- Self-isolation for 14 days for travellers returning to their countries;
- Support to governments to respect containment measures in communities (e.g. control of the non-use of outdoor recreational sites).
To achieve this, we plan to seek partnerships and work in collaboration with governments, leading organizations engaged in the fight and our local partners, including provincial governments in Canada and the governments of the developing countries where our organization operates.
Together, we will be able to stop the spread of this pandemic in our communities while continuing to hope that a cure and / or a vaccine will be found as soon as possible by the collaboration of all governments, international institutions and research centers involved in the fight against the pandemic.
Back to home